This is going to be a long and overdue post... Bare with me! These past couple of days have been a whirlwind of crazy. And naturally, all I wanted to do was sleep!
Finals week was all sorts of things, but for me, it was mainly tiring. I have still not really recovered, but I am young and I can think of much worse things! I am still waiting to hear back on a couple of things, but overall I think finals week was successful. I do appreciate all the prayers and kind words over the last week! I know they helped in so many ways!! Thursday I finished finals and I was honestly so sad. If you would have told me that at the beginning of Sophomore year I probably would have laughed. The Sophomore slump is SO real. I came back after Freshmen year and nothing was as exciting. People had changed and overall that first semester of Sophomore year is one I never want to return to. Don't get me wrong, it was good in so many ways, but at the same time it was so challenging. Overall Sophomore year was full of challenges, but at the same time full of great excitement. Here are a few things I am thankful for as a result of Sophomore year:
1. Living in the fraternity house was one of the best experiences. I loved being surrounded by pledged brothers whom all are so cool, smart, unique, and fun in their own ways. Being right down the hall from some of my closest friends is something I am really going to miss. Huge, shout out to my roommate John! I met John on move in day of Freshman year and I would have never imagined the way our friendship would grow. Our schedules may be pretty opposite, but I am really going to miss living with you next year. I'm pretty sure we solved all of the worlds problems in Beta 250 over the past year! Thanks for putting up with me and being my best roommate thus far! I am going to miss the Beta house and all the guys around me. Not to mention my hall way, where lots of great studying went down. But as they begin to really start building the new Greek I will not miss all those loud machines and parking issues. Thank God for Beta 250!
2. Thank God for lots of great tour and a (hopefully) wonderful class of 2020 joining us in the fall!
3. Thank God for his planning and purpose for me. Everyday I feel like I am getting closer to figuring out what exactly I want to do with my life, in ways of profession. This year I was able to decide on not 1, but 2 minors and chose and emphasis within my major. The possibilities are thrilling!!!
4. Thank God for all the great concerts and events I was able to attend this year along with fun family and friends! DFW is a fun place!
5. Thank God for the opportunity to join the frog camp family!! I am really looking forward to being a frog camp facilitator this coming August!
6. Thank God for Grey's Anatomy. Yes, this is a TV show. But I started it 2 days before Sophomore year and last week I finished the series on Netflix. This is so lame, but after 11 seasons I feel like those characters are my friends. I mean technically they did survive Sophomore year with me!
7. Thank God for Hillary being in Dallas again and getting spend special time with her. What a blessing!
8. Thank God for my family and their endless love. I could not have done that without them!
9. Thank God for working out my Junior year living situation. I am so pumped to live with Justin, Sam, and Chris next semester! Don't you love when the big man works it all out?
10. Thank God for the little everyday things that made this year great. @chickfila
11. Thank God for being a vineyard vines rep and getting to bring a whole lot of whale to TCU! That was a fun job!
12. Thank God for the up's and the down's... They have been so beneficial in the long run.
13. Thank God for the seniors whom have shown me so much love since I stepped on campus as a freshmen. I am really going to miss them on campus!
14. Thank God for my position on exec and the positive things that come with that job.
15. Thank God for my professors and the knowledge they have given me throughout this past year!
16. Thank God the not so good grades... They pushed me to work harder.
17. Thank God for the good grades... They gave me needed confidence.
18. Thank God for the kind people I crossed paths with on a daily basis. They are the day makers!
19. Thank God for many many opportunities.
20. Thank God for TCU!
I am really going to miss certain aspects about this year, but I so look forward to a nice summer and a new semester in the fall! Looking back on this year only reassures me that God's plan is always the perfect plan. Happy Summer y'all!!
I was home for a little over 48 hours and sadly today, on Mother's Day I had to say see you later to my sweet Mom!!
Mother's Day is always important to me because though my mother deserves more than 1 day I always love celebrating her!! She really is the best Mom!! I think of all the things she does outside of our family and I don't know how she is able to do all the things she does! She is so selfless and so giving... It amazes me! Thank you Mom for being so loving, encouraging, and faithful all these years. I get a lot of me from you... I don't know what I would do without that!! Thanks for getting me all ready to go today! I wish I could lay on the couch all day and eat our fav snacks, but I hope you will still do that! We will have plenty of time for that when I get back! You deserve all the praise and love in the world today! I am loving you from a far! Happy Mother's Day, Momoo!
By this point you are probably wondering where I am headed... I am ITALY bound today!!! Ahhh I am so excited! It doesn't actually seem real. I have been planning this since the beginning of Sophomore year and now it is here!! I am fortunate enough to be studying abroad with the communication studies department. We are spending 10 days in Rome and 10 days in Florence, with travel time in between. It is going to be an amazing experience! I will sadly not be able to write everyday, but I will try to check in as much as possible! Make sure to follow me on Instagram because I have a feeling that is where I will be doing the most communicating!
Pleas pray for a safe flight for me and my friends all traveling today!
God is so so good! Don't forget to be thankful for your mother or any mother figure in your life today and everyday!
On to the next adventure... You can bet I am so very thankful!
Southern and Thankful
Blessed is an understatement when it comes to my life. Each and every day I am amazed by God's steadfast love. In return, I have claimed this space to show my thanks and whatever else comes along the way. A recent graduate from Texas Christian University who loves any creative insta post, all donuts, and dress pants that make you do a double take. I pray God has a grand purpose for me and I plan to get there with a little Southern and a lot of Thanks! Join me!