In my opinion, travel is one of the best gifts a person can receive. I enjoy traveling and seeing different parts of the world just as much as I like doing anything else. For my 20th birthday, one of my gifts was a trip to Las Vegas with my parents. I know you are probably thinking, don't I mean my 21st birthday? Because, isn't that what most people do when they turn 21? Not me! I had never been to Vegas and my parents were going for business, so they decided to let me tag along. I am so glad that they did! We had a great time!
Vegas is one of those places you have to see to really believe. I mean, you hear about it all the time because it is such an iconic place. I am not really going to be rushing back there anytime soon, but I am thankful I had the opportunity to experience it. I believe everyone should at least experience it once in his or her life time if they get the chance. The hotels are massive and the they all have a casino. I stayed at the MGM Grand, which was pretty cool. I had seen it on TV because they have the billboard music awards there every year. The strip is forever long, it feels like, and Las Vegas sits in the valley of a dessert, so the heat is hotter than hot.
1. I really liked how even though you are in Las Vegas, you "have" New York, Egypt, Paris, Venice, and more all right there. All the resorts are themed and many take after a cool place.
2. We rode a roller coster in the New York New York Hotel and it was actually very fun. When you are riding the ride it has some of the best views of Las Vegas/the strip... That is...when you have your eyes open. The roller coster goes upside down and all around. Something fun and different to do!
3. The food is unimaginable. They have so many famous restaurants and so many different options. This is one place where you will never go hungry. The only issue for me was that I never found a place with sweet tea...Bummer.
4. The entertainment is well worth the time and money. They have circus shows all the way to actual concerts every night. I was bummed because acts like Britany Spears and Mariah Carey, who have residences in Vegas, we're on a break. We saw a very famous magician, David Copperfield, and it was unbelievable. I mean, the tricks that guy can do will blow your mind. Any show out there is bound to be entertaining! Some more than others, I'm sure, but nonetheless...so much talent.
5. The Bellagio resort is a key place to visit on the Las Vegas strip. This hotel is not only famous for great service and food, but the focal point of the whole place is the huge fountain display at the front of the hotel. It goes off about every 10 minutes. These fountains are so big and they do the coolest things!!! It had me mesmerized for a good 15 minutes!
6. With all the amazing places to stay comes all the relaxing and fun pool areas to swim. I can't even begin to tell you how much I enjoyed spending all day at the pool. We rented a super nice cabana and stayed there all day long. It was perfect. Our hotel had about 4 different pool options, and it helped greatly in regards to beating the heat I mentioned earlier. (Did I say it was hot??)
Vegas was an experience...An experience that I loved. Anytime you try something new or go somewhere new your going to learn something,
1. I'm never going to smoke. After smelling it in the casino's all week... I won't be taking up that hobby.
2. I also will never gamble because that is a serious waste of my time and money. I lost $20 and learned my lesson quick.
3. I'm going to want to go back at a time when the weather is a little more bearable. (Did I mention it was hot?)
Spending quality time with my parents in a new place makes me a very thankful man. Until the next adventure... Stay thankful!!!
Blessed is an understatement when it comes to my life. Each and every day I am amazed by God's steadfast love. In return, I have claimed this space to show my thanks and whatever else comes along the way. A recent graduate from Texas Christian University who loves any creative insta post, all donuts, and dress pants that make you do a double take. I pray God has a grand purpose for me and I plan to get there with a little Southern and a lot of Thanks! Join me!