A couple of thoughts from today:
1. My classes in Italy start one week from today and naturally one of my teachers chooses today to send the syllabus along with 1,000 other things we need to do before arriving other there. Let's not forget today is the first day of finals. She really could not have picked a better day and time!!! Really not a fan of that decision. Didn't need that added stress.
2. When you wake up at 5:30 AM to study for your 8 AM final you should really make time for a nap. (Note to self).
3. I have never been the best test taker so a lot of the time I will circle questions to go back to after I have been all the way through the exam. There were a couple that I went back to and I honestly should have known the answers to these particular questions, but I got everything all turned around and then ended up leaving the final so frustrated. I then get outside where I am greeted by rain and remember I left my umbrella in the classroom. I hustle back to get it and naturally the teacher is gone and the doors are locked. RIP to my TCU umbrella.
4. After the sequence of events in number 3 I was so frustrated. Therefore, I really don't know how I feel about the final because I was so frazzled when I left. I am really praying I did good... It is very needed.
5. I then go to my teachers office to look over old tests in preparation for that final and he asks if I want my paper back. He was referring to the 15 page paper I turned in last week. The same 15 page paper I knew my professor had put my grade online, but I was waiting to look until after my nutrition exam because if I didn't do as well as anticipated, I wanted to keep up the positive spirit. So needless to say my professor hands me my paper and naturally I didn't do as well as I hoped and then as I am sitting there supposed to be looking at my tests I was feeling very defeated. I'll be going back tomorrow to look over them again.
My point in all this is to show that no one has perfect days and even though things can be discouraging, you have to take things one day at a time and pray that God has better days ahead. Also, I feel like during finals week one day is going to be harder than the rest. At least I hopefully got that out of the way, right?
6. (this is more positive) I have like $350 dollars left in campus cash so I have ben paying it forward all day and buying anyone anything their heart desires. It is nice to be rich in terms of campus cash!!
Hope you all had a better Monday than I did! Here's to 3 more days of finals and a light at the end of the tunnel. Stay thankful y'all!
Southern and Thankful
Blessed is an understatement when it comes to my life. Each and every day I am amazed by God's steadfast love. In return, I have claimed this space to show my thanks and whatever else comes along the way. A student at Texas Christian University who loves any creative insta post, all donuts, and dress pants that make you do a double take. I pray God has a grand purpose for me and I plan to get there with a little Southern and a lot of Thanks! Join me!