HOLY MOLY where has the last month gone?! I literally feel like I just started school and I was writing my last post. This morning I was giving a tour, yep I still do that, and as I welcomed my tour group the first father approached me and said:
"Are you that clothing guy?"
**I was kind of confused**
"You know the Southern and..."
"Southern and Thankful?" I said.
"I am I am!"
And then it kind of hit me that I have not really been very Southern and Thankful online. I apologize people! But like also, how cool is that?!? ^^
I truly do not think I have been this happy ever at TCU. I have always been happy, but things this semester have been the best so far. Maybe that is why I haven't been present here very much, but regardless, I am so thankful for the way God has been working in my life. I HATE the lack of time I have been putting into Southern and Thankful, but I can see where my time and talent is being used in other areas. It will all even out eventually, but right now I am trusting in His timing. Don't forget, it's always perfect! I am going to quickly try and give you the update as best as possible...hold on here we go:
1.First, can we just talk about Hannah Oliver competed in her first Miss Arkansas Prelim in Arkansas, following one in Mississippi, and WON? Can we talk about how she is Miss River Delta 2017? Can we talk about how she is going to Miss Arkansas which is one step closer to Miss America?! Han, it is so weird for me not being right there on this journey with you, but know I am so proud of you and the way that you are killing life as a freshman in college. It makes me crazy happy for you. I cannot wait to watch you at Miss Arkansas!!!!
2. It's the time of year again where we expand the Beta family and this year I gained two grand little's (because my little took two littles) AND I also received another little. It was really funny how God worked this out. I wasn't even planning on taking a little, but it worked out in a perfect way and I am so happy to welcome Christian Flick to my Beta fam! I hope I can be a good mentor for him and be someone he relies on. He is already doing great things on campus and in beta. I am so excited to get to know him. Also, my grand littles are so cool and having two of them makes me feel real old. But all in all it is a great a full family for the first time since I have been at TCU.
3. Giving HeART 2016 has my entire heart y'all. This is Beta''s annual philanthropy event and this year I was in charge of it. To be honest, it was a ton of work and maybe that is where a majority of my time went this past month, but it was so worth it! The event took place on September 16 and we raised over $20,000 for the CARPE program within Cook Children's Medical Center. This program allows children who are in treatment to be able to be creatively expressive, cope better, heal faster and have a better overall healthcare experience by participating in the arts. They provide a space and supplies where all of this can take place while they are spending lots of time at the medical center. It was honestly such a great night and I cannot begin to explain the amount of gratitude I have in my heart after that. Gratitude for the artists/patients, my team, my bothers, all the families, my mom and aunt, Sam Baxter, etc. Things like that always really put me in perspective and it was without a doubt one of the most rewarding things I have done while at TCU.
4. I will be completely honest I have not really had a huge urge to want to go home this semester. Not in a bad way, but things are truly so great here that I don't want to leave. Trust me, I have been waiting to feel this way sine I started school here. But I am very excited because I am going home for a brief period this weekend while on fall break. I will get to see my family--- BTW just because I haven't wanted to go home in no way means I haven't missed my family. I always miss them like crazy. I will get to hopefully see my brother play football on Friday night and partake in all the fun Ricebird homecoming activities and it will be a much needed time at home. Blessed by that already, AND then, one week from today actually, I WILL BE AT DISNEY. I am still kind of shocked. But like bouncing off the wall excited!!!! It is going to be so quick, but so worth it. I will update you next week after I return from the most magical place on earth, but do pray for safe travels.
5. I really don't have to share this, but one other fun thing I got to do recently was attend the Carrie Underwood concert in Dallas with my sweet friend Michelle Lowell. Y'all I just have to share because Carrie was so inspirational and talented and I am still not over it. She sounded the exact same as she does on iTunes and her music is even more inspiring. Her faith is so evident and so power. I really enjoyed it! Just thought I would throw that out there!
6. My parents are probs really going to appreciate this on, but incase anyone else was concerned my classes are going well. I have really been enjoying my new minor, Film TV Digital Media, and I can really see a direction I want to head in career wise. Also I have had plenty of tests and papers due, but it has been nice because a few of my exams have been more writing, which I am much better at. I cannot stand multiple choice so having a different style of exams is refreshing. I am not really a fan of having night class twice a week, but other than that the semester is going smoothly.
Of course, I have lots more I could share, but that will have to do for the time being. I am just overwhelmed with the amount of things I have to be thankful for. You know things are good when I can't keep track of everything I have to be thankful for. Also, if you would like to say a prayer for me I have an important interview tomorrow at 1:30. I am always grateful for those :)
Thanks for all the support friends and family. Miss y'all and appreciate y'all even when I am MIA.
Southern and Thankful
Blessed is an understatement when it comes to my life. Each and every day I am amazed by God's steadfast love. In return, I have claimed this space to show my thanks and whatever else comes along the way. A student at Texas Christian University who loves any creative insta post, all donuts, and dress pants that make you do a double take. I pray God has a grand purpose for me and I plan to get there with a little Southern and a lot of Thanks! Join me!